May 23, 2009

.this blog should be called PROFOUND thoughts.

Profound Thoughts as of late ...
  • There are in fact squirrels in Asia.  This was concept I questioned yesterday after seeing an Asian family videotape the squirrels in the park here by the Capitol.  It was as if they'd never seen anything quite so fantastic.  But after googling help from a friend, it was confirmed - and they can grow as big as 36 inches!!!  unbelievable, right?  in fact, Australia of all places is the ONLY place without squirrels.  thank heavens for google and iphones.
  • Carrying a window AC unit up 3 flights of stairs is doable.  Not fun, but doable.  My first installation of said unit (without falling out the 3rd story window) was successful.  awesome.
  • I have a new Friday night tradition (granted i've only done it once, but it shall be tradition soon enough) ..... Jazz in the Garden.  good stuff.  every friday night through the summer.  picnic (hummus if you're truly hip) + a blanket + a bottle of wine (or two) .... and you're set.  it shall be (and was) delightful.
  • Job searching is a lot easier with a computer.  Granted, typewriters are fun and all, but even if you type your resume out, it's sure hard to email that resume without the computer.  Hmm ... something to think about.
ok ... so maybe not so profound ... but the squirrel one is definitely thought provoking, right?

3 comments:

Spano said...

I didn't know there were squirrels in Antarctica, interesting. And you said nothing about cheap hot cheese.

Sarah said...

so you're staying?

Dian said...

What??!! We are the ONLY ones WITHOUT squirrels??!! Well that sucks.

ps. I Just found this blog. Why did I not know about it??!!