July 31, 2009

1st 15ish in Shuffle

Ok ... so maybe i cheated a bit. After all, what's shuffle anyway if you don't skip a few here and there??! I only skipped the ones that had absolutely no meaning whatsoever (i have a LOT of random music).

Anyway ... saw this and thought it would be fun ... songs in your iTunes and what they mean. Enjoy and share yours when you have a chance!


1. Drown In My Own Tears - Ray Charles ... The Very Best of Ray Charles
  • everyone needs a bit of Ray in their lives. when i think of Ray, i really just think of college and the Georgia girls/house. let's go back? yes?
2. All This Beauty – The Weepies … Hideaway

  • unfortunately, i think i may have overplayed the Weepies. love them, but i'm at the point i can't listen to them much anymore. shame. ha.
3. May The Words of My Mouth – Shane Barnard … Psalms

  • A classic. I don't think I could ever get sick of this album. Just amazing. Reminds me specifically of Happening and youth group. oh ... and the time we drove to Tulsa to the Shane and Shane concert - and I got a speeding ticket on the way home driving Alisha's car ... oops?
4. Next Year – Jamie Cullum … Twentysomething

  • Jamie just makes me think of college. all around. Namely Junior Year trip to New Mexcio with Kate, Martha, and Pash. and the mountain drive home. then of course graduation. how can an album entitled "Twentysomething" NOT have immediate and significant value? ha.
5. End of the Night – Kenny G … Breathless

  • this is a great example of my RANDOM tastes in music. I grew up on Kenny G - I think it had to do with the fact that my mom listened to him when she had migraines. soo soothing. Still love him to this day. Other childhood favorites include Anne Murray, Alabama, and Barry Manilow. good times.
6. Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been – Switchfoot … MMHMM

  • eh. just ok - love Jon Foreman's new stuff better, although the Beautiful Letdown was honestly a great album.
7. Fireflies – Owl City … Ocean Eyes

  • ooh! a new find actually. it was free on iTunes and i'm currently obsessed with it. awesome that it actually appeared in the shuffle. check it out! great summer song.
8. Heartbreak World – Matt Nathanson … Some Mad Hope

  • best line - "come on let's make this dream that's barely half awake come true." yes.
9. Walk Away – Kelly Clarson … Breakaway

10. Love Stoned – Justin Timberlake … FutureSex/LoveSounds

  • We'll just go ahead and group these two together and consider it representative enough of my sick love of all things pop music. it's terrible. i'm completely a Top 40 girl. if you haven't seen the music video for Walk Away though - it's actually quite fun. :)
11. The Walk – Imogen Heap … Speak for Yourself

  • mmm ... she is good for my soul. the last 1:30 of Hide and Seek makes me want to close my eyes and dance in the rain. ahh. so good.
12. Holiday – Green Day … American Idiot

  • ehh - just another random, no great significance here.
13. Cold December – Matt Costa … Songs We Sing

  • this song reminds me of my dear friend Blaire Bender. probably because she bought the song for me! ha. she has this great habit of gifting her friends and family iTunes playlists. i believe it is her love language. :) she has shared many a wonderful new tune with me that way. hearts blaire!
14. Angel Eyes – Jim Brickman … By Heart: Piano Solos

  • This song reminds me of high school, student council, and a beautiful boy named Andrew. Another random favorite - i love instrumental ANYTHING.
15. Come Sail Away – Styx … Styx Greatest Hits

  • ha ha. awesome. just another great song. man i have such randoms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss those Monday nights too! I still have that picture of all of us at graduation, and whenever I see it I get this huge grin on my face!
I can't believe you were intimadated! I was too! I bet we all were. I remember being worried I really wasn't "fitting in" about September or October, and I was telling Elise about it one night when we were walking back to the apartments. She reasured me I was, we were all intimadated, and that I should just stick with it. I'm so glad I did! Those Monday nights made my whole year!