January 2, 2009

2008 via list

I like lists.  (If that’s not a descriptor of my personality, I don’t know what is.)

I also like to reflect.  Maybe too much at times.  But that’s ok.

And from inspiration from friend one and two, these are my reflections on 2008, via list.

 

In 2008 I …

  • Rang in the New Year at my home away from home – Pine Cove
  • Went on a cruise to the Bahamas, Puerto Rico & St. Thomas

  • Cut off 10 inches of hair for Locks of Love
  • Scrapbooked my World Race year – a feat in itself!
  • Enjoyed dinner club with old South Haven pals :)

  • Rediscovered my love for the public library
  • Feel in love with TED
  • Joined a gym
  • Learned many hard post-World Race lessons
  • Bought a new car
  • Found a church I love – yet another feat!
  • Visited IHOP in Kansas City for the 1st time
  • Discovered the best thing ever – Google Reader
  • Rediscovered the joys of the blogging community
  • Moved to Texas
  • Unexpectantly fell in love with Texas

  • Worked at Pine Cove for a few months
  • Purchased my 1st “I’m an adult now” pieces of furniture – 2 bookcases!
  • Had 3 awesome, god-send roommates

  • Discovered the art of “breakfast for dinner”
  • Tasted the beauty of Netflix and the DVR for the 1st time
  • Became an aunt to the most beautiful Mackenna Cate
  •  
  • Took many long, hot showers (something I still don’t take for granted post-Race)
  • Fell in love with So You Think You Can Dance
  • Realized that I was born to be a dancer but someone forgot to throw the “skill” in
  • Watched the entire series of Gilmore Girls
  • Read a lot in our hammock
  • Enjoyed many a summer afternoon in my backyard or at a Tyler park
  • Took many road trips in to Dallas
  • Was in a best friend’s wedding

  • Celebrated my 25th year
  • Worked at an Italian wine and coffee bar
  • Learned that I can in FACT wake up @ 4:30am everyday
  • Discovered the greatness of Pearls Before Swine

  • Enjoyed somewhat of a normal life for just a bit
  • Spent 2 crazy beautiful weeks in Georgia helping with World Race Training Camp
  •  
  • Enjoyed a 3rd Annual Girls Silver Dollar City and Lamberts weekend  :)
  •  
  • Made a ridiculous leap – applied for and accepted an internship in Washington DC at the International Justice Mission for the Spring
  • Moved back to Missouri for a bit
  • Celebrated another best friend’s wedding and a big reunion with childhood friends
  • Bought my 1st professional suit – yikes!
  • Enjoyed the holidays with the family – more fun than ever now having a baby to open presents!
  •      
  • Celebrated the new year in bed, sick (but at least with a good book!)

 

So that’s it …. A year in a glimpse.  The highlights of course. 

Prayers that your 2008 was as blessed as mine …. And that 2009 will be even more beautiful.

4 comments:

xoxo erika said...

I LOVE that post. I feel like I lived 2008 with you. And your new profile pic of you...GORGEOUS. I love you so much friend!

RachelDenbow said...

Of course I remember you girls. I've checked in on Christina's facebook because I remembered you guys were from Spfld but figured they were still in Texas.

I'm really excited about the RVA store opening next month. I've been working on quilts for it this afternoon and have all of these check lists in my studio to keep me on track lest I become panicky!

It should be open before you're in town if you're back in Feb. The grand opening is on Val. Day, I think.

Happy 2009 and thanks for writing!

Anonymous said...

yay for lists.
and texas.
and so you think you can dance.

love you.

Spano said...

Quite a year. I feel like mine went, " Did some stuff then waited for things to happen. To be continued."
Fun to read.