February 16, 2008

i saw what i saw ....

i recognize that a lot of my posts thus far (read: all of my posts thus far) have been somewhat somber (read: really somber). i guess i'm still just in a place of questioning. life is good right now, just not easy.

when i first came home, i listened to a Sara Groves perform a song called "I Saw What I Saw" on
Relevant Magazine's weekly podcast. i loved her before, but i literally listened to that song on repeat for an entire week. finally, i thought to look it up on YouTube. and seeing as everything is on YouTube, i found the actual music video.

where do we go from here?

what do we do with the things we've seen?

especially when they're so vast and overwhelming?

what is our responsibility?

these are among the many questions still swimming in my little head.

jesus, help us.

5 comments:

Esther said...

The video isn't playing for some reason? I tried myspace & youtube too?

Heidi Champ (wunderlich) got me interested again w/ this Evangel grad recently! Heidi highlighted "Generations," "Painting Pictures of Egypt," etc...

Thanks for sharing this one! Hopefully the video will be working soon! I just read through the lyrics. powerful. I pray we all know the work we are sent to do!

Sarah Humbach said...

Hey Mich, just thinkin about you! I think that if you just be you and do what you do, God will do the rest and will show you in time what it is He wants you to do! I guess its the patience thing that is the hardest huh, I know it is for me. Luv u!

Esther said...

I got a chance to see the video and it was very easy for me to want to close my eyes and not feel "responsible" for what I saw... if that makes sense.

I pray God continues to make that clearer- to be obedient where God has called you. to have greater faith that all of what is going on in your heart is of the Lord and is being used for him. to know the work he has for you. there is so much and it is overwhelming, yet God calls us to rest too...I hope you are doing that and having peace that you will respond to where the Spirit guides!

Mallorie said...

I love you Mich. I don't have any answers. I don't know how I'll ever make a difference in this ocean of need, but I know I'm going to give my life to it. You inspire me.

Anonymous said...

this is amazing and it blessed me today...i might share it on my blog:-) love you!

let me know when you go to tyler