Had the chance to spend some time at iHop in Kansas City this weekend. It seems as though the theme of late in my life from the Lord is showing up everywhere.
“Hope which was lost now stands renewed.”
“Hope which was lost now stands renewed.”

Being in that prayer room, even for a short amount of time, really reminded me of how faithful the Lord is. For years I have given up on the church. The institution. On Christianity. Formalized.
Not on The Church. And not on Christ himself …. But a lot that’s been associated with Him.
And as much as I still see so much that isn’t appealing, I see far more that is. There is so much good happening right now in The Church. In The Kingdom. So much. Sometimes you just have to know where to look.
I see a generation of friends not settling for normal career paths or climbing the ladders of success. Seeking a life bigger and better. And they are realizing that this is not a selfish concept, but that the Lord desires something greater for their lives.
I see a generation that knows that that something greater can happen anywhere – Starbucks, the local bookstore, the office – because it’s not about what they do, but who they are that matters.
I see individuals devoting themselves to helping others and social action. Not because it’s trendy, but because it’s what they do.
I see a church that desires more and more to be The Church. That recognizes the essentials and lets the peripherals remain just that. A church that is excited and that is exciting. That is free.
I see instead of Christians, more and more followers of Christ. Or at least people trying to figure out what that means. People that are real. That are simple and desire to be authentic. That don’t pretend it’s all easy. People that are normal, but still recognize they’re different.
Finally, I see a people searching for more. Searching for more than they’ve been fed. Searching for answers, or at least companionship on that journey. Searching for Truth. Searching for Love. Searching for Beauty. Because they know that in finding each of these they will encounter Christ.
Like I said, I guess you just have to know where to look.

5 comments:
What is that from? Sounds oddly familiar...
it's from a song. not sure the name of it though cause those are the only words that ever stick out to me. :)
I love it! Can I use it for my blog?
again, since I am a tad *jealous* of the opportunity you had last year to take part in the world race, I look fwd to looking at the vids you posted!
im so proud of you :) i wonder if we'll ever be privileged enough to sit down for a chat . . . someday my friend, someday . . .
Great post.
Thats something Drew and I have been going through BIG time the past 2 years especially. Both of us struggle with the Church. Drew has made far greater leaps and bounds than I but I am slowly trudging behind. Your right, you have to know where to look.
Shan
Post a Comment