April 11, 2008

the not so pretty letdown ...

my heart wants to cry right now. and my eyes might start sometime soon too.  

i hate being misunderstood. i hate feeling like people don't get me. i hate feeling weird and out of place. i hate feeling alone. i hate feeling lonely.



there are some words that i've come to hate too ... if i'm even allowed to do that.  

i hate the whole bit about being in but not of the world.  

i hate the part where it says we'll feel like aliens and strangers here.  

i especially dislike the part where he says the world will hate us.



so ... i take it that i must be doing something right. cause i sure don't feel like i fit. someone once called it a "beautiful letdown." but i'll be honest and say it doesn't feel too beautiful. i actually think it kind of feels like shit.

4 comments:

Pascha said...

i love you and carter and i talked about that very thing the other day...
we were reading in John and he was talking about the world hating us, i sometimes feel like the world doesnt hate me enough, i need to work on that
does that make since??
i love you and am wanting you to come see me for a few days when sweet gabe gets here in a FEW days HA HA!!!!
love you

John and Sarah said...

I agree with Pascha. I was actually thinking the other day that I am prob not hated enough. Its so easy to please everyone by not being different, but is that right?
Just remember that our lives here are the blink of an eye compared to eternity in heave and how much better will it be to be in heaven
and happy then down here and happy. I know its easier to say than believe.

So about the makeup. that would be WONDERFUL if you could send me some stuff. We leave at the begining of July. I would pay for your shipping. It can be used. Like maybe not super used, but if i used and eye shadow and didnt like the color, I would send it down to Guatemala. Thank you so much. I will get you all of my mailing info closer to time and I will definitely pay for your shipping!

Unknown said...

you. i love YOU! i know this feeling though too and it's not easy. i think we just need to focus on christ when we're feeling like this. his majesty, his goodness, his righteousness, his promise to finish the good work he began in us. "don't despise small beginnings." i don't know where that quote came from, but I have to recognize its truth. He IS good and he's faithful and he LOVES YOU...even more than I do...and man, that's a stinkin' lot! :) i love you sister!

Spano said...

You're not the only person that feels like that way kid. It blows. And it's lonely and a lot of people don't get it. Sorry, this wasn't really an uplifting comment, just an I feel ya. Hearts.